A Fall Wedding in Connecticut
Astonishing natural beauty in the Northwest Hills of Connecticut, with lakeside ceremony. Stunning mountain views enriched by autumn foliage all-around are a wonderful cornerstone of a fall wedding at the Interlaken. September and October weather in Lakeville, CT can be just perfect for a wedding, with high temperatures in the 70's and crisp, cool nights to enliven the senses. Our quaint little New England town really shines with that fall feeling.
Your guests may decide to take a trip to one of our local apple orchards, maybe cool weather hiking or biking, or take a kayak out on the lake. There is a special feel to fall in New England and what better way to bring your family and friends together to share with you in such a wonderful event.
With a robust and local theme a Fall wedding menu is teeming with apples, pears, ciders, pumpkins, squashes, potatoes, and last of the season tomatoes. Maybe serve some hard cider instead of one beer option or a pear infused cocktail.
Interlaken offers three wedding packages, each with optional ceremony at beautiful Lake Wononscopomuc and reception set in the open Atrium Pavilion surrounded by English cottage-style gardens. Please ask about tailoring a package to your exact wishes.
- View wedding photos in our gallery.
Interlaken is pleased to provide this list of nearby wedding services to make your wedding day especially perfect. We demand the highest quality for our guests and have found these companies to be of the highest integrity. (PDF Download)
Fall Wedding Ideas
- Your menu - it should be all about seasonal, including pumpkin and roasted chestnut soup, root vegetables, roasted chicken with local cider, or braised local shortribs of beef for a seasonal beef alternative.
- When guests arrive to the ceremony, have some warm cider to take the chill off!
- Let your fall decorating reflect the season - with autumn wildflowers. They're abundant, beautiful and will set the mood.
- Fallen leaves will brighten your tables and give a seasonal flair.
- Maybe a hearty rustic rehearsal dinner followed by a bonfire lakeside.
- Dessert and snack bar - try a variation on a tried-and-true theme with apples: chocolate and caramel-dipped apples arranged in rustic wooden bowls or copper kettles.
- It's a colorful time of year! Your fall wedding colors should include green, red, gold, orange.
- Apple shaped seating cards will direct people to the right spot with an apple based favor.
- Choose fall backdrops for your wedding photos - our lake front and garden area will provide ample choice for capturing the mood.
- Your wedding cake should reflect the season - decorate with dahlias or other late-season flora, and choose a flavor that's reflective of the season - pumpkin, spice or similar.
- Dinner tables? Instead of numbering your tables, choose to name them after native trees (Maple, Oak, Spruce, etc.). It'll lend a fun dimension to your guests' arrival. Use pine cones as separators and place markers.
- Let your centerpieces come alive! Fruit and vegetable centerpieces can be fun, colorful and creative. Or - choose wildflowers with dried accents.
- Your autumn event will be complete with a horse-drawn hay ride.