The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bousquet at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 271 - 275 of 614 Articles
Welcome back Perrella Art Workshop!
They are back! If you read my blog last May then you may have already read the following comment from one of the particpants, but it's so pleasant why not read it again!
Thank you for the follow up on my stay at Interlaken. I was extremely pleased with Interlaken. Everyone was exceptionally friendly, welcoming and responsive. My room was lovely and clean. If there was a problem with anything during the workshop hours in the studio, it was taken care of immediately. The studio space for the workshop with Lynne Perrella was perfect and it was wonderful that we could work as late into the night as we liked. Your staff provided us with fresh coffee and hot water before they finished their shift and it was greatly appreciated. They should be commended for extending themselves in order to make our late night work more comfortable. One gentleman refrigerated our leftover canolli’s, because he was concerned that they might spoil by the time we returned to the studio after dinner. How lovely is that?
I am looking forward to returning to Interlaken next spring for Lynne Perrella’s next workshop and look forward to staying at Interlaken once again. Thank you for great service!
About half of the workshop attendees are arriving this evening to get a head start on the weekend, while the official workshop starts Friday morning. In meeting with Lynne Perrella just a few minutes ago, she told me the topic this year is "CIRCUS". Hmm, that could be interpreted in many ways! Check back in a few days so I can share with you some photos of their mixed media creations!
Lake Cottage Hideaway
One of my very favorite accommodations at the Interlaken is opening for the season next week - the Lakeside Cottage.
You check in at the main property just like all other Guests. You are given a key card - and then directions to leave the property. No worries - we send you just past a couple of driveways and then you take your left. This left takes you on a dirt road through shady trees for about a 1/4 mile. Then, your destination is ahead. The sky opens up and you have a beautiful view of the lake with this sweet little cottage nestled right against it. Private. Secluded. Your secret hideaway!
This peaceful setting will force you to relax and listen to the beautiful sounds of nature.
Canoe. Kayak. Swim. Fish. Nap. Enjoy private time with your family. And at anytime you can drive (or walk) back to the main property to dine with us and take advantage of all our property amenities.
Those that have stayed in the cabin love it just as much as I do. Here's what one Guest wrote on Tripadvisor last year:
"One of the best places I have ever stayed at"
We stayed in the Lakeside Cottage. The cottage was immaculate, peaceful and ideal for a getaway. Interlaken provides everything you need, down to the graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bars for S'mores on the bbq that they provided the charcoal and lighter fluid for. I didn't have to think about except relaxing and enjoying time with my fiance. And they are pet-friendly too. The price was great for the service and attention that we got. I will be back at least 2 - 3 times every year. Room Tip: Lakeside cottage. private, romantic, immaculately clean.
There are still some great dates available in May and June, so click here for more details!
This is the Earth at Interlaken.
Every day is Earth Day!
As Earth Day approaches this weekend, Interlaken is already celebrating. In fact, we celebrate all year long! Being one of the first hotels in the State of Connecticut to become a Certified Green Lodging Property (and the only one in the Northwest Corner), Interlaken Inn Staff is proud to work in an earth friendly environment!
- Recycle bins are in each Guestroom, as well as large recycling units around the property
- Installation of an ozone machine in our laundry room to guarantee that our towels and sheets achieve the whitest and safest clean technology without throwing harsh chemicals into the earth
- Use of an in-room House TV Channel describing our amenities and the local area (no paper use)
- Our Chefs continue to add food scraps (such as from fruits and veggies) to our composting bins. The organic matter is then used in the raised herb beds that will grace your plate in Morgan's restaurant
- New plantings from Salisbury Garden Center are low maintenance, hardy and of native varieties. The gardens around the property are populated with grasses and perenniels, and annuals that require significant water and fertilizer are limited
- The amenities in our Guestrooms come in Biodegradable bottles
- Use of green cleaning products in all Guestrooms and public areas
- All rooms have 2.0 GPM (gallons per minute) aerators on bathroom sink faucets
- Purchase at least 20% of food from local farmers (in season) for Morgan's, such as Skyfarms greens and lettuce, Fleisher organic meats, fruits and veggies from Mr. Church, among many others
- Automatic light sensor shut-offs for meeting rooms and office space
- Participation in the Clean the World program, where remaining soap bars from Guestrooms are collected, recycled and redistributed to poverish countries around the globe.
We will continue on with our mission for 2012 and send a big thank you to all Interlaken Guests who also support the preservation of our natural resources!
Truly an Interlaken "Guest" Blogger
Showing 271 - 275 of 614 Articles