The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bruck at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 261 - 265 of 609 Articles
Fabulous Feedback, Part 2!
I couldn't help but share with you two more Guests comments that say it all!
This was my second year taking an art workshop at your lovely inn. I think we were treated royally and that every effort was made to meet our needs. The rooms (though I was barely in mine!) are clean and well maintained, and I loved having that little porch. Our workspace, which was open for us 24/7 was great. We all loved having snacks and beverages brought to us, and having lunch delivered each day was also a big plus. Not having to clean up and go out for food meant more time to devote to our projects. The dining room food was delicious. My roommate and I had two dinners there and one via room service, and were happy with them all. If another class is offered next spring I'll be there!
Hello everyone. I must say this was a Outstanding place to stay from staff, to atmosphere, to others I met on the grounds and around town. Had a blast and will return for the years to follow. Got to bring my puppy as well and he too was overwelmed with the greatness and kindness.. I thank you a hundred times over and looking forward to seeing and staying again and again.
Thank you both so much!
"Thank you for choosing Interlaken Inn"
This is in the subject line of the Guest Feedback email that all Guests receive from me shortly after departure. My inbox is just starting to get some replies from this past weekend, and since I blogged about both the Wedding and the Perrella Workshop, I thought it would be fun to share two of my favorite comments so far about each event:
Perrella Art Workshop:
I had a delightful time at the Interlaken Inn. Admittedly, I came for the fabulous art workshop, but I fell in love with the inn. The rooms are comfortable, each and every staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful, and thanks to your great chef, my tummy was very, very happy. I look forward to a return visit. Thanks again for making my artful escapade so enjoyable.
Thank your entire staff for the wonderful wedding for my niece. I cannot think of another suggestion to have had a better experience.
I hope to read many more comments like these this week!
"Thank you so much for taking the time to write to me!"
"Mixed Media Circus Maximum"
It's not every day that the Interlaken has two award-winning mixed media artists in the house! But this weekend we do, and about a dozen ladies have decided to join their workshop and run away to join the circus for the weekend!
With the "ringleaders" of Lynne Perrella and Anne Bagby, the ladies at the Perrella Art Workshop have their supplies (and do they ever).....
and they use their favorite techniques to create rich, lavish, patterned surfaces featuring the "Circus"....
When it is time for a learning session, those interested wander out to the courtyard....
All things creative like this are so interesting to me - to see all of the different supplies turned into such complex expression by each is so neat! With both professionals attending as well as those just as a hobby, this workshop definitely has many creative and positive vibes! Be sure to visit Lynn Perrella's website for more information - and be watching for the 2013 program at Interlaken!
Cinco de Mayo at Interlaken!
Many Guests at Interlaken this weekend! Here is how they are celebrating Cinco de Mayo!
- One couple is in Morgan's and they are getting a head start on the "Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports" by enjoying a Mint Julep, with hopes of a win from Daddy Nose Best.
- Another couple is celebrating being Grandparents to their favorite Indian Mountain School student and will be supporting "A Night at the Races" for a night of bidding to support IMS students, faculty and programs.
- A Hotchkiss Dad came to watch his son venture out onto beautiful Lake Wononscopomuc this afternoon for Varsity Sailing White vs. Salisbury.
- There's a always a couple in the crowd visiting Infinity Music Hall (57 Essentials by Connecticut Magazine!) - tonight they are seeing Arlo Guthrie's Boy's Night Out Tour over in Norfolk, CT.
- About two dozen ladies are "mixing up the media" at the Perrella Art Workshop! Even though this is Lynne's third time holding her workshop at the Interlaken, it was the first time I was available to walk through and get to admire the work they do - more details about this in tomorrow's blog!
- And lastly, and certainly not least: One hundred and twenty of our Guests are here to witness the union of Carey & Grant, (with names like this they were destined to be together!) and did they ever pick the perfect Spring day for it! The sun is shining (it took all morning to get here) and the temp is a comfortable 70 degrees, the grass is green, the flowers have bloomed, and the Lake (lakeside ceremony) is its usual beautiful self!
At each place setting - how CUTE!
Love the thought of a Spring Wedding? Call Stephanie at 800-222-2909 ext 797 or email her at email@example.com to come and see us!
When something is deemed "essential" it's a must-do, wouldn't you agree?
In the 2012 Connecticut Travel guide published by Connecticut Magazine it lists 57 Essentials - Events, Attractions, Adventure & Culture - to do in Connecticut this season. With Interlaken being located in the Northwest Corner of Connecticut, I did found many of the "essentials" Connecticut Magazine recommends near us, and was thrilled to see that we are located close to everything listed in The Hills are Alive section! Here is what they wrote about each one:
#30 Infinity Music Hall in Norfolk, a rocking oasis for music lovers, hosts weekly concerts featuring both well-known musicians (Bela Fleck June 3) and emerging talent (AJ Croce May 27). Add dinner in the gourmet bistro (or order in, up in the mezzaine, during the concert), and you have a night to remember.
And you can count on us to make it a true "Night on the Town" with our special overnight package that includes tickets!
#31 Yale School of Music's Norfolk Chamber Music Festival presents classical concerts on the grounds of the Ellen Battell Stoekel Estate weekends, June 16 trhough August 18 (when students from all over the world convene to perform in Simon Carrington's Choral Festival). Picnicking is encouraged.
Speaking of picnicking, Interlaken has got you covered there as well! Our new Interlaken picnic blankets and picnic lunch options will make you both comfortable and nutritionally satisfied!
#32 Music Mountain Summer Music Festival in the Litchfield Hills town of Falls Village is a tradition. The festival presents chamber music by acclaimed artists (St. Petersburg String Quartet opens June 17) as well as jazz and country music through September.
Did you know that Music Mountain is the home of the oldest continuing summer chamber music festival in this country? It sure is, and is just minutes from the Interlaken property!
Showing 261 - 265 of 609 Articles