The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bruck at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 261 - 265 of 603 Articles
Lake Cottage Hideaway
One of my very favorite accommodations at the Interlaken is opening for the season next week - the Lakeside Cottage.
You check in at the main property just like all other Guests. You are given a key card - and then directions to leave the property. No worries - we send you just past a couple of driveways and then you take your left. This left takes you on a dirt road through shady trees for about a 1/4 mile. Then, your destination is ahead. The sky opens up and you have a beautiful view of the lake with this sweet little cottage nestled right against it. Private. Secluded. Your secret hideaway!
This peaceful setting will force you to relax and listen to the beautiful sounds of nature.
Canoe. Kayak. Swim. Fish. Nap. Enjoy private time with your family. And at anytime you can drive (or walk) back to the main property to dine with us and take advantage of all our property amenities.
Those that have stayed in the cabin love it just as much as I do. Here's what one Guest wrote on Tripadvisor last year:
"One of the best places I have ever stayed at"
We stayed in the Lakeside Cottage. The cottage was immaculate, peaceful and ideal for a getaway. Interlaken provides everything you need, down to the graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bars for S'mores on the bbq that they provided the charcoal and lighter fluid for. I didn't have to think about except relaxing and enjoying time with my fiance. And they are pet-friendly too. The price was great for the service and attention that we got. I will be back at least 2 - 3 times every year. Room Tip: Lakeside cottage. private, romantic, immaculately clean.
There are still some great dates available in May and June, so click here for more details!
This is the Earth at Interlaken.
Every day is Earth Day!
As Earth Day approaches this weekend, Interlaken is already celebrating. In fact, we celebrate all year long! Being one of the first hotels in the State of Connecticut to become a Certified Green Lodging Property (and the only one in the Northwest Corner), Interlaken Inn Staff is proud to work in an earth friendly environment!
- Recycle bins are in each Guestroom, as well as large recycling units around the property
- Installation of an ozone machine in our laundry room to guarantee that our towels and sheets achieve the whitest and safest clean technology without throwing harsh chemicals into the earth
- Use of an in-room House TV Channel describing our amenities and the local area (no paper use)
- Our Chefs continue to add food scraps (such as from fruits and veggies) to our composting bins. The organic matter is then used in the raised herb beds that will grace your plate in Morgan's restaurant
- New plantings from Salisbury Garden Center are low maintenance, hardy and of native varieties. The gardens around the property are populated with grasses and perenniels, and annuals that require significant water and fertilizer are limited
- The amenities in our Guestrooms come in Biodegradable bottles
- Use of green cleaning products in all Guestrooms and public areas
- All rooms have 2.0 GPM (gallons per minute) aerators on bathroom sink faucets
- Purchase at least 20% of food from local farmers (in season) for Morgan's, such as Skyfarms greens and lettuce, Fleisher organic meats, fruits and veggies from Mr. Church, among many others
- Automatic light sensor shut-offs for meeting rooms and office space
- Participation in the Clean the World program, where remaining soap bars from Guestrooms are collected, recycled and redistributed to poverish countries around the globe.
We will continue on with our mission for 2012 and send a big thank you to all Interlaken Guests who also support the preservation of our natural resources!
Truly an Interlaken "Guest" Blogger
Taste of Spring - again!
I may be pushing the new Spring menu a bit much, but really, each time I try a new dish I just have to share with you just how amazing it is! Here is today's creation - sorry it is blurry!
Grilled Organic Salmon, Marinated Leeks and Cucumbers, Garden Chervil, Yogurt Sauce
So let me start by saying I don't even like salmon, but let me tell you how much I love this dish. The salmon melted in my mouth, so tender. The leeks and cucumbers were the perfect compliment, dipped in the yogurt sauce. I felt so clean and healthy after this meal - I felt like going for a run!
It sure makes a difference when the right people take the time to create a dish using the right products. You can always count on the Chef's in Morgan's to do so!
Showing 261 - 265 of 603 Articles